Top 5 Benefits of Exercising Regularly
Exercising on a regular basis is crucial to overall health. Without it, a person would not be able to function properly or have proper muscle development. Some of the top benefits to exercising regularly include:
1) Preventing type 2 diabetes can be achieved with regular exercise. One in three Americans will develop this type of diabetes in their lifetime and regular physical activity can help prevent it or manage a current condition
2) 30 minutes five times a week can help strengthen cardiovascular health. This equal to about 2.5 hours per week. This physical activity prevents weakening of the heart and increases proper blood flow in the body.
3) As an active parent, passing on physical activity is an important part of your child’s overall well-being. According to the Department of Health, only one in three children is active on a daily basis. This inactivity can affect a child later on in life and cause health problems. Being the example for those around you, especially those that look up to you, is priceless.
4) Data from a 2009-2010 study shows that over 78 million U.S. adults and around 12.5 million (16.9%) children and adolescents are obese. By 2030, it’s predicted that half of all U.S. adults will be obese. Regular exercise can greatly prevent these numbers from coming to fruition.
5) Being overweight and obese is expensive. The annual cost is approximately $524 for women and $432 for men, being overweight. Annual costs for being obese are even higher, at $4,879 for women and $2,646 for men.
How To Easily Improve Your Diet Today
Contrary to popular belief, improving your diet is not a difficult task. Healthy food is readily available in most places, and most dishes can be flipped to become a healthier version. Sub your regular breakfast for a green smoothie, sweetened naturally with fruit. Opt for a side salad instead of french fries at dinner. Start small with changes that are doable. It is a lifestyle change, not a short-term fix.
Tips To Running Your First 5k or 10k
Running in a 5k or 10k is not an impossible feat. If you are not an avid runner, start slow. In general, there are two types of exercise equipment that can be bought from a fitness store. These include cardio machines and weight training machines. A fitness store has an array of exercise equipment for home fitness that anyone and everyone can get in shape. A local fitness store also has experienced professionals willing to help the individual choose the best piece of equipment for them. The majority of adults say that walking is their preferred source of exercise, which is great. From there, take a short 30 second jog, then go back to walking. Visit a fitness store to pick up some home fitness equipment or get some fresh air outside. It is simple to work up to a jog and build endurance. Jog for longer, then run faster. Increase your heart rate and eventually you will be on your way to participating in your first 5k or 10k!