Getting medical treatment is always of vital importance, especially as we get older. For years, conventional wisdom dictated that the proper way to get treatment was to make an appointment to see the doctor at the doctors office. However, this isn’t exactly convenient since it can sometimes take days to get an appointment scheduled. It is much easier to simply visit the local urgent care, as these are walk in clinics that allow patients to come in at almost any time during the week, as these walk in clinics are open seven days a week. Urgent care clinics are also important because of the wide variety of issues they can treat, and this article will take a look at a few of them.
- Common Sports Injuries: One type of injury that urgent care can help with are common sports injuries. These are the minor injuries that can occur at any time while engaging in sports, like sprained wrists, sprained ankles, scraped knees, and even slightly more serious injuries like a broken ankle or a broken arm. These walk in clinics can provide quality treatment for all of these injuries.
- Cold and Flu Symptoms: Another thing that urgent care can help treat are cold and flu symptoms, in fact the most common diagnosis in an urgent care center was an upper respiratory condition. Many choose to come to an urgent care when suffering cold or flu symptoms because they can receive medical help without having to wait for an appointment.
- Cuts that Require Stitches: Another type of injury that urgent care can help with are cuts that require stitches. These are the kinds of injuries that can be acquired from an accident as simple as accidentally cutting yourself with a kitchen knife. The injury isn’t life-threatening, but it is large enough that it needs a few stitches to close properly. Those who work at urgent care are trained to treat these types of injuries.
- Dizziness: Another symptom that is commonly treated at urgent care is dizziness. Actually, dizziness is the second most common complaint heard in any doctor’s office. Dizziness may seem like nothing, but it is a symptom worthy of being treated at urgent care because it can be caused by any number of things, so it is important to have that symptom checked out at an urgent care to determine what the root cause is.
- Abdominal Pain: And finally, one other symptom that can be treated at urgent care is abdominal pain. Medical professionals at urgent care clinics are trained to diagnose a variety of aches and pains, including abdominal pain. It’s important to determine what is causing abdominal pain because it can be caused by some very serious issues.
In conclusion, urgent care can help treat a variety of symptoms and injuries, including common sports injuries, cold and flu symptoms, cuts that require stitches, dizziness, and abdominal pain. This is just a small sampling of what urgent care can treat on a daily basis.