The new chiropractor had a busy weekend. She finally moved into a new apartment, and spent the weekend learning from one of the best clinicians in the area. The sessions on functional soft tissue seminar provided hands on experience. The new clinic is a chance to make sure that these new tasks can be put into action as soon as possible. In addition to the skills training, the sessions also focused on patient care skills that keep patients returning for follow up appointments. The clinical cues and approaches that were taught provide skills that were not a part of the training that student chiropractors receive in a classroom.
These latest patient skills were presented in rooms with real patients receiving real treatments from experienced chiropractic care doctors. Within the next few days, the student chiropractors will complete their requirements and be able to treat in the outpatient clinic on their campus. This means that they will now treat people in the community and surrounding areas. Throughout their time in chiropractic school, these students have taken many courses and seminars with some of the best professors and doctors in the chiropractic and rehabilitation fields who have given the students the tools to treat multiple conditions and complaints in the entire body.
This means that they will be able to provide services that are know for improving function to the body. An additional strength of the training is that they are able to attend clinics that show doctors working with patients, teaching the students patient doctor rapport that is not always easy to demonstrate in the classroom.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the chiropractor services that are available:
- Doctors of Chiropractic (DCs) treat more than 27 million Americans, including both adults and children, a year.
- Research shows that injured workers are 28 times less likely to have spinal surgery if the first point of contact is a DC, rather than a surgeon.
- 31 million Americans experience low-back pain at any given time, and 50% of all working Americans admit to having back pain symptoms each year.
- Treatment for low back pain initiated by a DC costs up to 20% less than when started a MD, according to a recent study.
- DCs are utilized by all 32 National Football League (NFL) teams to optimize functionality, endurance, and overall conditioning.
- DCs also help NFL players with the treatment of neuromusculoskeletal strain injuries, including low back pain, neck pain, hamstrings and quadriceps pain, and whiplash injuries.
There are many chiropractic benefits to patients who have been in an accident or who have had an injury. Finding chiropractors who have been trained in some of the top clinics in the nation can help you find the pain relieve that you have been looking for.
As the nation continues to prepare for an aging population it is important to realize that chiropractors will be joining the field of health professionals who will help patients find relieve from pain, as well as improve their everyday functionality.