Eye doctors offer a number of different services that can help people make the most of their lives. From regular eye checks to Lasik eye surgery, a visit to an office of eye doctors can help you make sure that your vision is as good as it can be. Understanding Lasik eye surgery pros and cons can help you make the most educated decisions about the future of your vision.
From the time children are getting ready to start kindergarten, it is important to make sure that there are regular eye exams scheduled. In fact, a vision test is an integral part of every kindergarten orientation. A growing number of parents, however, take the time to make sure that their child has already had at least one vision test before the kindergarten orientation begins.
Regular Vision Tests Are an Important Part of Making Sure That You Are Healthy
Making the decision to get a vision test for your children is an important step toward making sure that you are giving your son or daughter even more of a chance at success. If a child cannot see, they cannot learn, so making sure that their vision is fine is important. As people age, many things can affect how their vision. And while some vision issues can be corrected with glasses, others can only be solved with surgery.
Two of the most common procedures that eye doctors offer are glaucoma surgery and Lasik surgery. Both procedures increase the vision of the patient and offer a chance at an even more productive lifestyle. Consider these facts and figures about the most common procedures that eye doctors offer:
- It is estimated that over 3 million Americans have the condition but only 50% of those people actually know they have it, according to the Glaucoma Research Foundation.
- 98% is the current success rate for cataract surgery.
- More than 50% of all Americans either have a cataract or have undergone cataract surgery by the time they are 80.
- Glaucoma accounts for 9% to 12% of all cases of blindness in America.
- 74% of people said they have their eyes examined at least every two years, according to a survey of 1,000 people contacted by the Glaucoma Research Foundation.
- Although it cannot spread from one eye to the other, a cataract can occur in one or both eyes.
Your vision is important. Having an eye doctor who can help you get to that place where you are able to be productive for a long time.