Did you know that tooth decay is up to four times more common than asthma among adolescents between the ages of 14 and 17? Going to a family dentist on a routine basis (about twice a year) can vastly reduce the odds of tooth decay and gum disease, which is the most common cause of tooth loss among adults.
However, in order to instill the best possible oral hygiene habits in your kids, it would be best to find a dentist for children. Around 80 percent of dentists are general practitioners, while the other 20 percent are dental specialists who limit their practices, such as a pediatric dentist.
What do pediatric dentists do? A dentist for children is dedicated to specifically working with your child from infancy through their teenage years. They perform general dentistr