Every year, millions of people in the United States seek out chiropractic care for medical problems. Every year, it has been reported that more than 27 million adults and children across the country go to chiropractors. There are a number of conditions and problems that can be treated this way. Here are some of the proven benefits of chiropractic care:
- It is great for neck and back pain. Some studies have shown that that an overwhelming number of people who go to chiropractors for this kind of pain are happy they did. As many as 96% of patients reported they were either “very satisfied” or “satisfied” with the results from the care they received. At least 98% of all of these people said they would go back if they needed do. No other back or neck treatment has these kinds of support. When people go to a chiropractor first, before they seek out help from a spine surgeon, they are much less likely to need surgical intervention for their back. Doctors are so keen on having people with back problems seek out chiropractic care early that the American Medical Association recommends people go to a chiropractor first when they experience any kind of back injury.
- It can help with sciatics. This is a serious problem for millions of people around the country and can be challenging to treat. It is most often causes by injuries to a person’s back. Chiropractors are most often sought out to help with back pain and the related sciatica. The problem is caused when the sciatic nerve is pinched or stressed. A clinical trial published by the European Spine Journal showed that the success rate for this kind of treatment for people who suffer from this is 72%. This means that chiropractor services for this kind of issue are some of the best treatments for it.
- Chiropractic care can help with headaches. Tension and migraine headaches leave people unable to work or enjoy their lives. It has been estimated that these kinds of headaches amount for a large percentage of the people who seek out this kind of health care. In one study, 49% of participants reported a very serious drop in the intensity of their pain while 22% said they had about a 90% drop in the number of headaches they experience. One aded benefit to this kind of care is that it does not have the same issues that come along with treatment with medications.
- It is great for helping children who suffer from ear infections, colic or acid reflux. Research in this area has shown that kids who have these health problems can be really helped by having chiropractic adjustments. While the link between chiropractic care and the alleviations of symptoms related to colic, acid reflux and ear infections is not completely clear, experts believe that this connection comes from the role increased pressure on certain nerves has on the development of these issues. There is a real connection between the nervous system and the digestive system.
- Chiropractic care can lower your blood pressure. A study was published in 2007, in the Human Journal of Hypertension that linked upper cervical adjustments with lowering blood pressure. Not only that but it can be as effective as taking drugs for this. The really good news about this is that it works right away. It takes only one session with a chiropractor can lower a person’s blood pressure for six months. If people do have a problem with lower blood pressure, sessions with a chiropractor can even that out as well.
- It can help with neurological problems. New research is being done on the connections between cervical adjustments and their impact on conditions that impact the brain such as epilepsy and Multiple Sclerosis.
These are just a few of the benefits of a chiropractor. More and more research is being done on the health benefits to getting care from a Doctor of Chiropractic. People who go to chiropractic clinics on a regular basis say they have less stress, more energy and have much better sleep than those who do not. Research also suggests regular chiropractic care can help boost the immune system, improve digestion and help people live much better and healthier lives.